Monday 21 September 2015

My Top Ten Films

I have made a power point from Microsoft about what my top ten films are, who films in it and a rough draft of the plot. I understand that the plot is a large chunk of information however as I am so indulged in all these films that I cannot possibly shrink the information down. I have added this power point onto Slideshare to add it to my blog. I have also used animations in the slides to make it a bit more exciting as there is a lot of information so it was to try and break it down slightly. I believe my teacher had set this task to get used to adding slides and power points onto Slideshare as I am still getting used to all the functions and adding to my blog.

As you can see there is a pattern of genre going on as I am very much into romance films and chick flicks. This isn't the only case as I love Disney films and action films such as Rush Hour that is in there. I like to be able to sit and relax in front of my TV with a good film and popcorn, but it is usually a romance or very sad film. Many of the films in this Slideshare are from the novelist Nicholas Sparks who wrote books such as Safe Haven, The Lucky One and The Notebook. Nicholas tends to have the same kind of storyline: there is a girl and a boy, they fall in love but many scenes happen where they just can't be together. The storyline often ends with the two in love finally coming together and not worrying what others think. I like a film with a happy ending. Enjoy.
23/10/15
Hyperlinks of the best or funniest parts of each film:
I particularly love this part of the film as the song is so repetitive and catchy that it just gets everyone watching, singing it together. It is just funny listening to the different cultures and accents trying to sing this. The song is called War by Edwin Starr.
The wedding scene is my favourite because the small things just show how compatible the characters are such as both writing their vows on the their first date restaurant menu. The composition of the camera angles are immaculate especially during their kiss. I also like how they vow to always remember and love each other as this is a good foreshadow of what is to come.
I absolutely love this scene because it is so romantic feeding all the beautiful doves, even after everything they have been through you can still see the chemistry between them. Towards the end of the scene here when Allie asks Noah why he hasn't written and discovers really he has and still loves her; it makes me weep. They both realise their undying love isn't over.
Just before this scene Alex realises that Katie has been lying to him and his family about her past and abusive relationship. She doesn't want to put his family though the pain of what her ex partner would do to them just to get back at Katie for leaving him. Alex declares his love for her and tells her stay.
This is my ultimate favourite scene of this film as it is a scene that anyone could remember due to it being so hilarious. The two step brothers do not understand the concept of living and so act like children. Once they have made bunk bed they then have an accident. This would not be most peoples favourite scene as there are so many to choose from in this film, really worth watching.
This is a very emotional scene after spending two weeks together John has to leave again and so Savannah writes him a letter to take with him. The letter is telling him that 12 months is a long time and that she will see him soon, and it would have any one welling up with tears.
Many like Fifty Shades just because it is raunchy and a new type of film. Where I had read all books before the film and so I understood everything and the reason why Christian is like who he is. It is a beautiful yet thrilling storyline. This part is my favourite romantic scene as it is so attractive that Christian can drive a helicopter, so to speak. Parts like these and with Ellie Goulding's chilling song in the background shows their love for each other not just their lust.
Knowing she can't see him when ever she wants to when she can she makes the most of it. In this scene Clare hears Henry say a final goodbye to her and their child, I couldn't choose a favourite scene in this movie as it is all just so sad as it happens throughout her life from childhood.
I could not choose a favourite scene as it is one of my best films, and so I had found a mash-up of good pieces fro the film. There are so many quotes that you cannot forget throughout this film. This is a film to watch when you are sick or just feeling a little lonely.
This is my upmost best part of the film as she decides to choose Jack over the ever-so rich Cal. Knowing that a third class person can find love with an upper class person just makes life more realistic and that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Such a romantic scene from this movie, as are most scenes.

Reflective comment:
If I were to do this Slideshare over again I would change it so that the plot was shortened down drastically. I will also add some hyperlinks to this at some stage if needed of the favourite or funniest parts of each film.

1 comment:

  1. correct -
    also add some reflective comments on your choices - whcih genre / style / is there a pattern visually or narrative wise?

    ReplyDelete