Sunday 28 February 2016

Exhibition

As my film would be a low-budget production it would less likely be filmed in larger cinemas such as Vue and Odeon. I believe it would be shown at film festivals such as the Fresh Film Festival, the Molodist and the Motovun Film Festival. The Fresh Film Festival is an international student film festival that is held annually in August, I believe they may exhibit my production due to it being a student feature. The Molodist festival is a competition devoted to students productions and therefore my production would fit in well due to the film festival taking films from all over the world. Another film festival that I believe my production could be exhibited at is the Motovun Festival as it is dedicated to low-budget, independent films.

Although I can see my production in a film festival there are many other ways of having a low-budget film exhibited such as film 4's film festivals and online sharing. Online sharing includes Netflix, Amazon Prime, Love Film, Now TV and many others. I agree my production would fit with online sharing because they all have independent film categories that are low-budget and are not always shown in cinemas. These include international independent films. As I said before I don't think my production would end up in a large cinema, however I could see it being in a much smaller complex such as Cinema City. My opening title sequence was made with virtually no money and therefore would be classed low-budget along with an independent film. Working with Cinema City would be great for my film because they help smaller production companies with a smaller budget, the cinema also attracts film-fanatics that I believe would enjoy my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment