Wednesday 30 December 2015

Sound Techniques
 
We have been challenged by our teacher to create some foleying techniques that we would use in our productions. As a class we watched the opening of Priest (in silence) and had written all the sound devices that we think we may have heard. When it came to watching it over again (this time with sound) we realised that there were so many more sound effects in the background that we would not have understood unless we could hear. The video below is showing a way in which foley artists are used in the media industry and one way that they add the sounds.



I found this extremely useful to watch as it gave me ideas in which I could create some foley sounds. The picture below is of the white board that we had written all the 45 sounds we had heard in the beginning of Priest. Our aim is to now create as many of these sounds as we can and attach to our blogs.


Here I have added a Prezi of my own to show different types of sounds and techniques. I have included definitions for all so that the audience can understand the vocabulary, as I found it tricky when I first discovered it.



No comments:

Post a Comment