Monday 12 October 2015


Foleying

Foleying is the reproduction of everyday sound effects that are added to film and video in post-production to enhance audio quality. These sounds can be anything from footsteps to squeaky doors and breaking glass. Every film uses foleying especially animation as the videos are created with no sound, the sound and effects are added on top of the video afterwards. Therefore I have found a foleying example that is also one of my favourite films. This video below is of foleying directed in Toy Story, how they do it and the importance of foleying. Please enjoy.




Reflective comment:
I have never heard of foleying before and just thought that the sound effects on films and episodes were real. I would like to create a short video of making a sound effect without use of any software such as shooting the sound of a gun shot. I believe that foleying is extremely interesting and must be a skilful job. I would like to watch some more foleying videos on the technique and on some of my other favourite films too.

No comments:

Post a Comment